Tuesday 20 May 2008

Tearful Day-Lewis pays tribute to Ledger

Tearful Day-Lewis pays tribute to Ledger



Daniel Day-Lewis paid an emotional testimonial to late actor Heath Ledger during an appearance on the 'Oprah Winfrey Show' yesterday.
The actor's eyes filled with tears as he rundle, via satellite, of his regret on encyclopedism of Ledger's sudden death on Tues.
Day-Lewis, wHO was on the show to discourse his Oscar nomination for 'There Volition Be blood', said he felt "strange" talking well-nigh anything else.
"There isn't anything to say other than to verbalize one's regret to his family and his friends and to say from the rear of one's heart...that I'm sorry for their difficulty."
The thespian continued: "I didn't know him. I possess a strong impression I would give birth liked him very much, as a person, if I had."
He added: "I had already marvelled at just about of his play. And looked forward to the put to work he would do in the future."
Day-Lewis prayed Ledger's loved ones would be left field exclusively to grieve, locution: "This is going to be something they are going to be living with for the stay of their lives."